Guadua Bamboo for construction
Bamboo Costa Rica
Bamboo Costa Rica is owned by Bambu Tico, an agro industrial company founded by Retana Quirós Family. Their main activities are the plantation and commercialization of the bamboo for construction and furniture use.
Bambu Tico has specialized in the bamboo activities such as planting, and utilization of this magnificent and versatile material. We have 30 years of experience in the field, being pioneers in this activity in the country.
We are located at the south of Costa Rica, in San Isidro, Perez Zeledon, at 6 km from downtown.
Bambu Tico offer different bamboo products and we guarantee them, from bamboo plants (more than 50 species), selling immunized material (different diameters), and constructions made with bamboo (houses, kiosks, bungalows, offices, and others).
Our bamboo are previously selected under standards of quality and after immunized with the boucherie system, in which we have implemented improvements in its operative system in order to guarantee our clients a quality product, resistant to the insect attack.
ADVANTAGES OF USING BAMBOO FOR CONSTRUCTION
- Bamboo is a light material due to its circular form and the empty cavities which make it easy to manipulate. Besides, it is easy to store and transport which let to build faster than using other type of materials.
- Because its physical characteristics, bamboo is a very strong material and flexible at the same time. It is a very high anti-earthquake material, very reliable. It can be bended without damages. Besides, it can be used in every type of structures.
- Bamboo has fibers which let it be cut horizontally or across in different pieces and sizes. These cuts can be done with very simple tools.
- Bamboo has a very attractive color tone and its skin is very smooth, it does not need to be polished.
- Bamboo’s cane can be used all.
- The construction using bamboo can be combined with other materials such as wood, metal and others.
- From the parts of the bamboo that are not used in structures are derived different materials that are used for panels, countertops, etc.
- Bamboo continues as the top material for construction because of its price.